Journalist Pete Tucker joined hosts Doctor Baruch and Toussaint Tingling-Clemmons for a discussion with guests Mama D and Bill O’Field. Mama D, an activist from New Orleans, discussed the man-made problems New Orleans faces five years after Hurricane Katrina. Bill O’Field, an elections expert who spent 13 years with the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics and now blogs on elections issues, discussed his visits to polling places throughout the city earlier that election day.
- Is National Harbor pushing taxi drivers out to make way for French transportation giant Veolia? Listen/read: thefightback.org/2013/05/5533/ 4 hours ago
- Coming up on The Taxi Link 7-8pm: Natl Harbor taxis pushed out?Alexandria taxis can’t leave company for 2 yrs? Listen at wust1120(dot)com. 1 day ago
- Coming up on The Taxi Link 7-8pm: Natl Harbor taxis pushed out?Alexandria taxis can’t leave company for 2 yrs? Listen at wust1120(dot)com 1 day ago
- Drivers: Gaylord wants to get rid of taxis + give biz to Veolia’s black cars, which are providing non-prearranged rides in violation of law. 3 days ago
- Taxi leader: Gaylord says it will hold mtg Tues. w/ 2 drivers and reps from PG hack office, Nat’l Harbor and Veolia, but not open to public. 3 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools
- The Taxi Link: Are drivers at National Harbor being pushed out? Should Alexandria drivers choose their own company?
- The Taxi Link: AFL-CIO looks to organize DC drivers; credit card mandate passes; Philly driver killed; Jon Liss on NoVa’s taxi struggles
- The Taxi Link: Fairfax driver assaulted; Commissioner Stanley Tapscott; DC drivers accused of racism
- The Taxi Link: Alexandria drivers protest; D.C. drivers testify
- The Taxi Link: Will smart meters end up in court, again?