- He’ll be back in court Aug. 5 RT @DougHughesDCfly They must like the #gyrocopter guy in DC. They keep inviting me back, 2 weeks ago
- #ALEC‘s little brother, ACCE, thwarts local gov’t control on issues like: #GMOs, #fracking and #broadband. thenation.com/article/meet-a… 2 weeks ago
- Poll: Most American Jews support #IranDeal. Meanwhile #AIPAC is lobbying furiously to kill it. haaretz.com/jewish-world/j… 2 weeks ago
- WPost: How #DonaldTrump cashes in even when his name-brand properties fail washingtonpost.com/politics/how-d… 2 weeks ago
- .@codepink dance party in support of #IranDeal outside White House. (With @andyshallal) http://t.co/FFBclMN9DK 2 weeks ago
Powered by Twitter Tools
Author Archives: pete
D.C.’s paper of record, while maintaining its reputation as an objective news source, is on the verge of swinging the mayoral election. On an almost daily basis the Washington Post is cutting down Mayor Vincent Gray, as it bolsters its … Continue reading
D.C.’s taxicab industry and recent credit card mandate are the subject of an upcoming documentary. Filmmaker Julie Espinosa recently released the teaser, which includes footage from The Taxi Link. “Currently there is a lot of confusion surrounding reforms to the D.C. … Continue reading
Listen to The Taxi Link’s Season 2 finale: Download mp3 “Even though there have been different issues every week, there were still some fundamental consistencies,” The Taxi Link co-host Tony Norman said on the show’s retrospective season finale. “These are drivers … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs Sat. 7-8 pm on WUST 1120 AM. Listen here: Download mp3 The D.C. Taxicab Commission recently voted to exclude smaller cars from the sedan-class of public vehicles for hire. The move prevents Uber, the largely unregulated … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 Should cab drivers be able to freely choose the company they work for? That’s the question a task force created by the Alexandria city council is grappling with.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 One of the largest Payment Service Providers has backed out as a PSP, as the deadline for installation of credit card readers in all District cabs fast approaches.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 Just as suddenly as it was announced, registration for taxi licenses was halted. “Because so many people chose to come here tonight and create chaos to some degree, we … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 With a commission-mandated deadline looming, and a great deal of confusion ensuing, D.C. cab drivers must rush to sign major contracts, some for as long as five years.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 A scrappy group of Prince George’s cabbies is determined not to go quietly into the night. Instead of being pushed out by several multibillion-dollar corporations, they’ve stood their ground, … Continue reading
Listen to Hailu Mergia here: After reaching the height of success in Ethiopia, The Walias Band came to the U.S., landing at Dulles International Airport in 1981. After spending two years playing for the Ethiopian diaspora throughout the U.S., often … Continue reading