- Student reporters @thewilsonbeacon must now submit to “prior review.” “Martin is our principal… not our editor.” thewilsonbeacon.com/prior-review-i… 21 hours ago
- Slain #WDBJ journalist’s dad calls out Va. officials by name, including Rep. Bob Goodlatte, for stifling #guncontrol washingtonpost.com/opinions/my-da… 22 hours ago
- .@codepink “Picnic for Peace” in support of #IranDeal outside White House http://t.co/hykALmHe9T 2 days ago
- For prison vendors, #prisonreform isn’t too much of a worry. “It’s like a business that is too big to fail.” nytimes.com/2015/08/30/bus… 2 days ago
- 45 murders in 31 days. @baltimoresun profiles those killed in July, #Bmore‘s deadliest month. #BlackLivesMatter baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/… 2 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools
Author Archives: TheFightBack
While Andy Parker’s sharp criticism of politicians and the NRA has received extensive coverage, there’s been a noticeable silence surrounding his critique of the media. “I’m challenging you, the media, because… this is one of your own,” Parker told CNN. … Continue reading
Jon Stewart should moderate a 2016 presidential debate. That’s what a change.org petition, which has nearly 300,000 signatures, is calling for. Having Stewart moderate would liven things up, something the-usually-staid debates could use, particularly if Donald Trump doesn’t win the … Continue reading
D.C.’s paper of record, while maintaining its reputation as an objective news source, is on the verge of swinging the mayoral election. On an almost daily basis the Washington Post is cutting down Mayor Vincent Gray, as it bolsters its … Continue reading
D.C.’s taxicab industry and recent credit card mandate are the subject of an upcoming documentary. Filmmaker Julie Espinosa recently released the teaser, which includes footage from The Taxi Link. “Currently there is a lot of confusion surrounding reforms to the D.C. … Continue reading
Listen to The Taxi Link’s Season 2 finale: Download mp3 “Even though there have been different issues every week, there were still some fundamental consistencies,” The Taxi Link co-host Tony Norman said on the show’s retrospective season finale. “These are drivers … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs Sat. 7-8 pm on WUST 1120 AM. Listen here: Download mp3 The D.C. Taxicab Commission recently voted to exclude smaller cars from the sedan-class of public vehicles for hire. The move prevents Uber, the largely unregulated … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 Should cab drivers be able to freely choose the company they work for? That’s the question a task force created by the Alexandria city council is grappling with.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 One of the largest Payment Service Providers has backed out as a PSP, as the deadline for installation of credit card readers in all District cabs fast approaches.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 Just as suddenly as it was announced, registration for taxi licenses was halted. “Because so many people chose to come here tonight and create chaos to some degree, we … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 With a commission-mandated deadline looming, and a great deal of confusion ensuing, D.C. cab drivers must rush to sign major contracts, some for as long as five years.