- Emily Tarsell on the #HPV vaccine mandate and losing her daughter Christina. thefightback.org/2011/01/is-d-c… @CanaryParty 1 hour ago
- Rhode Island mandates #HPV vaccine for 7th graders, becoming just the third state, and first since DC, VA in 2009. reuters.com/article/2015/0… 3 hours ago
- Alexandria has 31 streets named after the confederacy, and another 33 that might be. bizjournals.com/washington/bre… 4 hours ago
- The most powerful man in Washington you’ve never heard. Meet Yousef Al-Otaiba, #UAE ambassador to the US highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/hi… 5 hours ago
- Following #Denali, @CREDOMobile petition calls for National Airport to drop Reagan from its name. act.credoaction.com/sign/rename_re… 6 hours ago
Powered by Twitter Tools
Category Archives: Labor/Jobs
D.C.’s taxicab industry and recent credit card mandate are the subject of an upcoming documentary. Filmmaker Julie Espinosa recently released the teaser, which includes footage from The Taxi Link. “Currently there is a lot of confusion surrounding reforms to the D.C. … Continue reading
Listen to The Taxi Link’s Season 2 finale: Download mp3 “Even though there have been different issues every week, there were still some fundamental consistencies,” The Taxi Link co-host Tony Norman said on the show’s retrospective season finale. “These are drivers … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs Sat. 7-8 pm on WUST 1120 AM. Listen here: Download mp3 The D.C. Taxicab Commission recently voted to exclude smaller cars from the sedan-class of public vehicles for hire. The move prevents Uber, the largely unregulated … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 Should cab drivers be able to freely choose the company they work for? That’s the question a task force created by the Alexandria city council is grappling with.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 One of the largest Payment Service Providers has backed out as a PSP, as the deadline for installation of credit card readers in all District cabs fast approaches.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 Just as suddenly as it was announced, registration for taxi licenses was halted. “Because so many people chose to come here tonight and create chaos to some degree, we … Continue reading
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 With a commission-mandated deadline looming, and a great deal of confusion ensuing, D.C. cab drivers must rush to sign major contracts, some for as long as five years.
The Taxi Link airs on WUST 1120 AM. Listen: Download mp3 A scrappy group of Prince George’s cabbies is determined not to go quietly into the night. Instead of being pushed out by several multibillion-dollar corporations, they’ve stood their ground, … Continue reading
By Thomas Hedges – Find his reports at Truthdig. George Hawkins faced a tough question when he became General Manager of the DC Water and Sewer Authority in 2009. Should DC Water stick to the 2005 federal consent decree, which requires it start … Continue reading